Young Women’s Preparatory Network serves more than 4,600* students 6th through 12th graders on seven campuses across the state of Texas. 68% of our students come from economically disadvantaged homes and 68% will be first generation college students. (*Self-reported student numbers; TEA report to be released in late 2016).
100% of our students graduate from high school and are accepted to a college or university. In 2016, our 291 graduates received more than $41.9 million in academic and merit scholarships and attend 115+ different colleges and universities.
Our young women are exceeding academic expectations and proving all students, regardless of their background or socio-economic status, can excel if given the right opportunity.
- All campuses offer extensive Pre-AP and AP Courses
- All campuses have a Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) focus and offer STEM related extra-curricular experiences
- All campuses primarily serve students from underrepresented populations:
- 68% Economically Disadvantaged
- 68% First Generation College Students
- 83% Hispanic and African American